Cheval Collection’s sustainability policy is an extension of our core values and beliefs. Its aim is to demonstrate, for guests, for our team and for our suppliers, our on-going commitment to managing our environmental impact and to continually working on ways to improve and enhance our surroundings.
Cheval Collection’s five-year roadmap for ESG (Environment, Social, Governance) includes a series of targets around key focus areas, including waste monitoring, carbon emissions, employee well-being, supply chain management and resource consumption. We have engaged with partners active in this space to set up a monitoring framework throughout 2023, and, once this data is available and measurable, will be committing to reduction and improvement targets throughout 2024. This page will be updated with more information as our approach to ESG evolves.
They key objectives of Cheval’s ESG strategy in place are to:
- Minimise waste by evaluating operations and ensuring they are as energy efficient as possible
- Minimise emissions through the selection of renewable sources of energy
- Minimise energy consumption through building management systems optimisation.
- Actively promote recycling, both internally and amongst guests and suppliers
- Source and promote a product range with a minimal environmental impact
- Meet or exceed all the environmental legislation that relates to the company
- Ensure the wellbeing of our guests and employees correlates with Company sustainable activities
- Promote corporate responsibility regarding the environment and community impacts