Ways in which we collect your data
There are a number of ways that Cheval Collection collects your data:
- When you use our website or app, on any device, to make a booking, enquiry or request.
- When you make a booking with one of our affiliate organisations or partners, they will transfer your personal information to us.
- When you contact our central reservations office by phone, email or WhatsApp to make a booking, enquiry or request
- When you subscribe to our mailing list via our website
- When you engage with us on our social media channels
- When you sign up to participate in a competition we operate
- When you complete the standard registration form during the check-in process
- When you log on to access the free Wi-Fi at any of our Residences
- When you choose to engage with surveys about your experience at our Residences either during or after your stay
- When you visit any of our Residences and your image is recorded by our CCTV system
- When you make a booking with an agent and not directly with Cheval Collection, the agent will transfer your personal information to us.
How we use your data for your booking
Your data will be used to facilitate your booking and to ensure you have the best possible experience during your stay with us.
When you make a reservation with Cheval Collection, we record your contact details, as well as any information you choose to share with us, such as personal preferences and requests about how you would like us to prepare for your arrival. This may include details relating to health matters, such as requirements for wheelchair access, or particular food allergies. We also record names and ages of children, where provided by you, for the purpose of preparing welcome packs that are age appropriate.
This information also enables us to contact you after you check-out (in case you’ve forgotten something for example), to request any payments due to us that have not been previously settled, and to recognise you as a loyal guest of Cheval if you stay with us in future.
How we use your data for marketing
If you choose to opt in to our marketing database, we will contact you via email, WhatsApp or via push notifications (within our App) with news, updates and special offers we believe will be of interest to you. We will only add you to our marketing database with your express consent.
You can automatically unsubscribe from our mailing list at any time by clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link found at the bottom of every email we send. You can also turn off App notifications in the settings area of your mobile device, or simply delete the App. To be removed from our WhatsApp database please contact us using the details listed under ‘Your Rights’ below.
How we use your data to manage our relationship with you
In addition to the above, your data will also be used by us to respond to your enquiries and requests and generally enable us to manage our relationship with you.
The legal basis under which we use your data
Depending on the purpose we collected your personal information for, we rely upon one or more of the follow legal bases for processing your personal information (in each case, if and to the extent to which that legal basis is available under applicable law):
- The processing of your personal information is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take, at your request, steps in relation to the conclusion, amendment or termination of a contract to which you are a party.
- The processing of your personal information is required to enable us to comply with our legal obligations.
- Where it is within our legitimate interest to process your personal information, provided this is not overridden by your fundamental rights and freedoms. Examples of instances like these include contacting you to respond to your queries.
We rely on your consent only if and to the extent to which we cannot rely on the legal bases set out above.
- Essential: cookies that are a basic requirement to allow our website to load properly; without these the website and booking engine cannot function.
- Functional: cookies that aren’t essential but make for a better user experience when navigating our site.
- Optional: cookies that do not impact our site’s performance but allow us to collect statistics on where our traffic is coming from and to display offers and content we think might be of interest to you. These can also be used to show you online ads on 3rd party sites following your visit to our site.
More detailed information about cookies, their use, and how to modify your settings to remove them can be found on the UK’s Information Commissioner’s Office: https://ico.org.uk/global/cookies
Our commitment to your privacy
Your information will solely be used for the purposes outlined above, will be stored securely, and will only be shared with third parties where necessary. At no time will your information be shared with any third party for their own marketing purposes.
The personal information we collect is primarily stored in the UK. If we transfer your personal information from one jurisdiction to another jurisdiction (whether to the UK, outside the UK or otherwise), we will ensure that it is transferred to countries that are recognised as offering an equivalent level of protection or we will put in place appropriate safeguards to ensure your personal information is afforded an equivalent level of protection, such as standard contractual clauses.
Your personal information may be shared between our Residences to enhance the service you receive. For example, our team in one Residence may share your previously confirmed personal preferences with a team in another Residence to allow them to prepare for your stay.
Additionally, your personal information may be shared with:
- service providers who offer services within our Residences. For example, we will share your personal information with an on-site bar or restaurant where you ask us to make a reservation for you;
- service providers who provide services to us. For example, your data may be stored in an database that is hosted by one of our service providers; and
- the owners of our Residences. For example, employees of the Residences owner may have access to your personal information in the course of working or providing services in the Residences.
You can exercise the rights listed below by sending an email to Data.Controller@chevalgroup.com. To speed up this process please download and complete this form. You can also contact us by calling +44(0)20 7341 7052. Before acting on such a request we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity to prevent anyone from requesting action that you have not authorised.
- Right of Access: you may at any time request details of your personal information we have on file
- Right to Rectification: if any of the personal information we have on file is inaccurate, you may request that the information be rectified using the contact details above
- Right to Erasure: you also have the right to request that your data be deleted from our systems
- Right to Restriction of Processing: you may request that we restrict the use of your personal information where one of the following applies:
- The accuracy of the personal information is contested.
- The use of the personal data or its legal basis is contested.
- We no longer need your personal information but you need records to be maintained for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
- Right to Data Portability: this right allows you to move or copy the personal information we have on file for you
- Right to Object: you may object to our direct marketing activities for any reason. You may object to us using your personal information on the basis of our legitimate interests where there are grounds relating to your situation.
The rights set out above are not absolute in nature and, under certain limited circumstances (where required, or permitted, by applicable law), we may refuse to action certain requests.
In addition to the individual rights above, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority.
We keep your personal information on file for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collect the information, except where otherwise required by law.
This information we collect in relation to your booking is stored on our central reservations system for a period of six years, or longer if you stay with us again within that timeframe.
Links to third-party sites
Our website may contain links enabling you to visit other websites. If you visit another organisation’s website via such links, you should be aware that we do not control that website. Accordingly, Cheval Collection Ltd cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you may provide while visiting such websites.