FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT COVID-19
Although most hotels are currently closed, there is an agreed exception for any accommodation which serves as an individual’s primary residence. This is the case for guests staying in a Cheval Residence at present. Our Residences do not prepare any food on site and all guests have access to fully equipped kitchens. We have, however, closed any shared spaces and facilities on-site where there could be a risk of contamination, such as gyms.
Of our eight Residences, only two are not currently operating: Cheval Phoenix House and Cheval Harrington Court. The other six Residences are fully open.
You will find hand sanitisers points in all public areas in Cheval Residences. Welcome hampers in apartments now include hand sanitiser and surface wipes as standard.
For any new arrivals prior to the 30th June 2020, a minimum stay restriction of 14 nights for international arrivals will apply. There are a limited number of exceptions to this rule; please contact our Reservations team for more information. For any new bookings arriving from the 1st of July, 2020, our normal terms and conditions apply for any length of stay.
Guests are asked to contact the reservations team with any specific queries on
Our cleaning and hygiene protocols have been reviewed and adapted to the current situation and we have increased the frequency of all our cleaning processes, including the disinfecting of all surfaces in apartments and public areas, with a focus on the counter at the front desk, elevators (and elevator buttons), door handles, public bathrooms, apartment fobs, pens and luggage trollies.
We will be installing UV sterilization machines to keep apartment keys and fobs clean as well as both standing and floor signage in our public areas to encourage social distancing rules for the protection of guests and colleagues.
We provide disposable disinfectant wipes to our operational team so they may disinfect surfaces and items between guest interactions. Front desks are also well-equipped with antibacterial hand sanitisers and infrared thermometers to facilitate regular temperature checks when necessary. Medical masks and gloves are provided to colleagues for use when required. We conduct daily meetings with our employees to share updates and to facilitate ongoing training. We are also evaluating the use of installing facial scan temperature check machines at guest and staff entrances, additionally providing Covid-19 tests for those displaying raised temperatures.
During the lockdown period we offer weekly housekeeping services to all our resident guests on a request basis. This policy is subject to regular review.
When a guest requests their apartment to be cleaned by our housekeeping team, they can expect the following:
- The room attendant will be wearing a face mask, gloves and protective equipment on arrival
- The room attendant will methodically clean the apartment following our standard operating procedures
- The room attendant will use hospital-grade disinfectant (Oxivir Plus) to wipe down all areas to ensure the maximum level of cleanliness
If you are unable to vacate the apartment during the cleaning process we ask for your cooperation in maintaining social distancing. Where possible please vacate the room where the attendant is cleaning.
When a guest checks out, the rigorous cleaning process will be carried out and the apartment sealed with a special tape to signify the process has been successfully completed.
Should a guest display symptoms associated with Covid-19, they and anyone sharing their accommodation will be asked to strictly follow government advice and isolate themselves for at least 14 days. Housekeeping services will not be offered during the isolation period, however the front office team is happy to arrange for deliveries to be brought directly to guests’ apartment door.
Once guests have vacated the apartment, after a period of quarantine of at least 72 hours the following cleaning and quarantine regime will be activated:
- All areas of the apartment are deep cleaned by members of the housekeeping team equipped with disposable gloves and aprons along with eye and face protection
- Hard surfaces are cleaned using a disposable cloth with warm, soapy water. Surfaces will then be disinfected using hospital grade disinfectant (Oxivir Plus)
- Where surfaces cannot be sanitised as above, for example upholstered furniture and mattresses, steam cleaning will be employed
- All soiled items used in the cleaning process and retrieved from in apartment waste bins will be double bagged for disposal and stored securely for a further 72 hours before being added to general waste
- As is now routine, all employees will wash their hands thoroughly for at least 20 seconds between each clean after removing gloves and other protective equipment
- As with the regular cleaning process on vacated apartments, it will then be sealed with a special tape to signify the process has been successfully completed.
During the lockdown period every member of the team working on site has been accommodated in their own apartment. They work a shift pattern which sees them staying in the building for up to a week, at which point a new shift arrives to take over.
We arrange private cars so colleagues do not need to make use of public transport. When on duty team members observe social distancing and maintain appropriate distances from each other to minimise contact as much as possible.
From a cleanliness perspective special attention is given to all back of house areas, with an increased frequency of cleaning focusing on high-touch areas like colleague entrance areas, lockers room, laundry room and canteen.
All our apartments are ventilated with air sourced from outside the building. That air passes through a filter before circulating in the apartments. The same air is subsequently extracted to the outside environment through the ducts positioned in the bathrooms, although in some cases also through ducts in the kitchen. Each apartment is ventilated independently, and air is not shared amongst the apartments.
Our air-conditioning (and heating) systems process the air that has already passed through the ventilation system to produce the desired temperature. The intake grills push the ventilated air through a filter positioned in a fan coil unit which is then heated or cooled before circulating in the apartment. The air eventually leaves the apartment via the ventilation system described above.
Every apartment has an independent fan coil unit with a filtration system. No two apartments share the same system. The fan coil units are cleaned every three months by our maintenance team following government advice that has been specifically designed to respond to the risk associated with the Covid-19 virus. Our maintenance team wears respiratory protectors during the cleaning process to minimise the risk to themselves.
We are obviously biased but choosing to stay in apartment means you’ll have much space to enjoy your stay, plus all the advantages of having a fully equipped kitchen at your disposal. It’s like home, but better! Our apartments come with washing machines and dryers, so you don’t need to travel home with a suitcase of dirty laundry.
On top of these benefits, we offer all the services you’d expect in a luxury hotel, including staff onsite 24 hours a day, help with coordinating deliveries as well as gym facilities (currently shut during lockdown).
On arriving for check in at any Cheval Residence you can expect the below:
- Hands-free access to the property as well as/and where this is not suitable, complementary supply of hospital grade hand-sanitiser located at entry, exit points and also lift areas.
- Clear signage displaying the precautions outlined by the government, including social distancing rules.
- You will experience minimal contact during the check-in process with Cheval colleagues, protective guidelines and screens are present at reception areas.
- Your temperature will be checked using infrared technology, with appropriate instructions and a COVID-19 test following a result over 37.5 degrees Celsius.
- Your luggage will be handled on request only, ensuring all touch points are sanitised.
- Ultra-violet light technology will be used to sanitise keys and shared devices.
- You will be provided with a complimentary sanitisation welcome pack, including sterile sanitisation and antibacterial resources.
- You will only receive pre-packed items in your welcome hamper.
- Some accessories will have been removed from the apartments to minimize contact frequency. But we can provide selected items on request.