The Register Club
Fourth Floor cocktail bar, lounge and games room
Evocative of more elegant times when smart dressing was certain, cocktails were an art form and a convivial atmosphere was inherent, The Register Club offers a relaxed spot to eat, drink, meet and hang out.
The city’s impeccable host occupies the west wing of Cheval The Edinburgh Grand and combines beautiful historic detailing with smart, innovative design and contemporary comfort. Found on the fourth floor, the arrangement of cocktail bar, lounge, games room and snug flows seamlessly, creating a vibe akin to an exclusive members’ club with an evolving atmosphere that effortlessly shifts from day to night.
The Register Club is temporarily closed. We are looking forward to reopening as soon as possible when it is considered safe to do so.
+44 (0) 131 230 0571 | Email: email@example.com
The Games Room
The Register Club’s big little secret
A chameleon by nature, this room has many guises. In its private life, it’s for hire as a discreet space, with independent entrance, perfectly suited for dinners and receptions.
Our History - Part 1
1825: The National Bank of Scotland
Originally built in the early 1800s as a hotel, 42 St Andrew Square, the site on which The Edinburgh Grand & The Register Club now stands, was bought in 1825 by the National Bank of Scotland.
Our History - Part 2
A fashionable new building
The National Bank of Scotland sought to elevate their status by commissioning award winning London architects Mewes & Davis to design a new building to be built on the site of 41-42 St Andrew Square.
Our History - Part 3
The finest materials
Work began in 1936 and exotic materials were sourced from around the globe; American elm, Mexican pine, Honduran mahogany and English oak were fashioned into wood panelling by cabinetmakers, Whytock & Reid.
Our History - Part 4
The decorative panels on the magnificent oak entrance doors are among the best of the carved work present today and feature the design of coins of which the majority were historic.
Our History - Part 5
Conforming to local architecture
It was important for the building to harmonize with those in the the vicinity. Completed in 1942, the building is a fine example of impressive neoclassical architecture.